Sunday, March 8, 2009

Washington, DC

I was in Washington, DC this past week on business and had the opportunity to see most of the historic sites while I was down there. Of all the places I have ever had the privilege of visiting I have never been to Washington, DC before so I was quite excited to see everything up close. The thought did cross my mind...maybe I would bump into Mr. President himself! Or the First Lady!? Alas, I did not see them...the closest I came to a run in with fame was when the nightly news announced that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were in town; he for a meeting with some secretary about Huricane Katrina recovery efforts and she was taping a scene from an upcoming movie...so by my best guestimate I was about 15 blocks away from my brush with fame. Oh well, next time!





No comments: